Updating back to 1.1.2??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sean22, Dec 9, 2007.

1. sean22

sean22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    To jailbreak my ipod touch i downgraded to 1.1.1 and i have all my apps installed and everything, will anything get screwed up if i upgrade back to 1.1.2?
  2. montreealman

montreealman New Member

Restoring cause of costomize

soI con't beleve n one knows yet ? was wondering my self
    and for those of yo who don't know how to get costomize working just install and then restart spring board. .
  3. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  4. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The third party applications that you downloaded from Installer will be gone when you upgrade back to 1.1.2, to get them back you will have to follow the steps to jailbreaking 1.1.2 which your already basically half way there with your 1.1.1 firmware jailbroken.

Watch this video by IpodTouchMaster, it'll show you the correct way to jailbreak 1.1.2 firmware.
  5. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    From Apple:

If you choose to update, the iPhone or iPod touch software is updated but your settings and media are not affected.

If you choose to restore, all data is erased from iPhone or iPod touch, including songs, videos, contacts, photos, calendar information, and any other data. All iPhone or iPod touch settings are restored to their factory condition. Whenever you update or restore your iPhone or iPod touch software, Apple highly recommends that you perform a sync prior to the update in order to back up any changes since your last sync.

So normally, the data of the applications should be kept. You'll just have to reinstall those 3rd-party apps, not a big problem.