Updating Apps while using Categories?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by deleted account, May 23, 2009.

1. Well, I've been using Categories for a while now and out of fear of messing something up, when there's an update for my apps, I would remove them from a folder, update it, then move it back in. However, that's starting to become a pain especially when it involves hiding or filing apps for use with themes and such.

My question: Is it possible to update apps from the App Store or Cydia while they are in a Categories folder? Or must I continue removing, updating, then adding it back into one?

Thanks for any help.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. sfpsp

sfpsp New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    They have to be out to be updated?
    Mine usually update regardless of them being in or out. I think, O_O.
  3. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    No you don't need to take it out before you update. When it's done downloading simply respeing and it will be back in categories.
  4. Well, unless there's a setting to keep them automatically updating, mine requires manual updating. I'll get the notice on either Cydia or App Store icons that I have updates, and I'll have to go into them and download the updates.

But yeah, my initial question still stands

Please Register or Log in to view images

Edit: Whoops. Replied too quickly. Thanks for the reply mikec. And you're sure about this? Do you actually do it that way as well ?
  5. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Yes, that is how I do it. It will download the update on the springboard, respring and it will be back in the folder.
  6. DJ0ker

DJ0ker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just do it normally. After finishing update the app will then be moved to the respective folder automatically