iOS 3.1 Updating a jailbroken itouch 2.2

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by elgi, Jan 20, 2010.

1. elgi

elgi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey guys, I know similar topics have been covered, like updating a jailbroken 3.0 to 3.1 etc, but I have an oldschool 1st gen itouch with a jailbroken 2.2 firmware on it that i haven't used in ages but got a bunch of new programs for it that require 3.0 or higher firmware, I know that 3.1 is supposed to be pretty annoying to jailbreak etc, is there anyway I can update my 2.2 firmware (jailbroken) to just 3.0? or is there a simple way to update it to 3.1+?
    I have heard some ppl say to just download but not install the new firmware, then shift +restore to install it to the itouch and it will come in jailbroken? or will I have to still run black rain?

Thanks!
  2. haydos246

haydos246 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    im on 3.1.2 and i havent experienced any problems with it if i were you id just restore to 3.1.2 and jailbreak it with blackrain
  3. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah 3.1.2 has no problems and restoring would be the best option.
  4. cipherblaze

cipherblaze New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you performed an iPod Touch 1stGen 2.2 jailbreak, you will be amazed at how much simpler the process is now. Especially with Blackra1n. Just follow any available guide in Google STEP by STEP.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well once you have the program, a simple click will have you jailbroken in no time.