Updates

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lomebrilas, Oct 16, 2007.

1. lomebrilas

lomebrilas New Member

I was just wondering if all the problems/lack of applications ipod touch is facing now (inability to edit Calendar, no Notes, and other iPhone apps PLUS bluetooth) are easily fixable with their software updates thru iTunes????

Will/can the ipod touch I have now finally become an iPhone without the phone (and camera) function?????

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Antimatter

Antimatter New Member

It will become what you want it to be if you just hack it. It's so simple, and you could have everything you want Apple to update within an hour. Just follow some simple guides on here.
  3. guimoney

guimoney New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i believe more that 80% ppl in this forum already have their phoneless iphone. jailbreak is awesome~!!
  4. lomebrilas

lomebrilas New Member

Well but I don't wanna mess up with it myself... had way too many bad experiences meddling with gadgets on my own... I just wish Apple would free my ipod thru their updates

Please Register or Log in to view images

And if it's jailbroken, could Apple still update it thru itunes?
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Yuor iPod can still be updated through iTuens, yes. But you wouldn't want that because that will lock your iPod up nice and tight. The recommended solution is the use and enjoy the current firmware and ignore the upgrades. Once someone has devised a working and tested version of a Jailbreak for the updated firmware, then go ahead, download it, and rejailbreak as necessary.