Updates to apps cause too many crashes!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dave C, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Dave C

Dave C New Member

Anyone else have this problem that everytime there's an update to one of your applications (and we're now almost talking daily! This is ridiculous and getting out of hand..), it causes the Touch to freeze, and reboot, and just general crashes!
    I'm so frustrated it's not even funny anymore.

I'm all for updates and improving the product, but can't we get a "finished" app that doesn't need more work?

Thanks for reading my vent...

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. mossme89

mossme89 Member

what i recommend that you do is to do NOTHING while apps update/install. 2.0 is still at a point where it is very slow while updating/installing apps
  3. Dave C

Dave C New Member

I've come to the same conclusion.
    Problem is, I do nothing now, and it still happens!
    I think I'm going to do all installing/updating from the computer directly, we'll see if that changes anything. Of course, takes away the benefit of looking through the App Store on the run or late at night in bed, but I guess I'll just wait for another update on 2.0 to stabilize it...pathetic.
    I'm so tired of companies making products that don't work as intended.
    Don't get me wrong, love the App Store, love 2.0....hate that it's not stable. It's really unforgivable (until it becomes stable and then all will be forgotten! hehe)
  4. mitch88ell

mitch88ell New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have the same problem, jus yesterday I had to restore because my iPod rebooted and never "fully booted" to the springboard. Now that iTunes 7.7.1.11 is out, ALL updates will show up on your PC or Mac.