updates on second hand iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by clinto84, Apr 8, 2010.

1. clinto84

clinto84 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    hey, i recently bought a second hand iphone and deleted everything the previous owner put on there except rock, cydia, [redacted] and catagories, i then downloaded all the apps i wanted from itunes on my acc with my password, yet EVERYTIME an update is available it tries to sign in with the previous owners acc details, im stumped at how to stop this? has anyone had the same problem? how do i fix it cause if i want to update the app i have to delete the app and reinstall it which is getting to be a HUGE pain in the ass, the iphone is one 3.1.2 and i dont want to restore as i dont want to lose the jailbreak, this problem is driving me insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please help

thanks
    clinton
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    go to settings app then app store, log out from there. btw don't talk about [redacted] here piracy issues
  3. clinto84

clinto84 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    iv logged out from his acc and into mine and downloaded my own from the app store but it still tries to use the previous owners log in and i cant figure out why.. ill try that anyway.. i dont use install+++ its just on there as the programs he left, he left about 150 games but because it always tries to update using his acc details i deleted everything thinking maybe one of his apps was causing it..

also if i do a sync with the apps i previously had on my old iphone will it get rid of cydia, rock, catagories? i wanna try sync my apps and try that but im scared it will delete rock/cydia and i cant get them back
  4. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    itunes doesnt mess with JB stuff, so no it wont, all the music, vids, and apps will be deleted and replaced by your library.
  5. clinto84

clinto84 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ok tried loggin out in the settings > itunes thing, then logged back into my acc and it still tries to use his acc details.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok ill try sync my apps throught my itunes on the comp and go from there.. hope that works
    still not having luck here. if anyone else has anything they think mite help PLEASE PLEASE post up
  6. stanleybridgeboy

stanleybridgeboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Do a full restore.
  7. clinto84

clinto84 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    is there a way to do a full restore and stay on 3.1.2? if i do a full restore ill be forced to 3.1.3 wont i? if so id rather put up with this till a untethered jb comes out for mc models as mine is untethered and is a mc model 3gs
    if i go into settings and then reset all settings, or erase all content and settings will that stop the app store from trying to use the old owners details. for some reason some apps are updating on mine and how some on his itunes acc even tho ALL APPS were downloaded and installed and purchased off my acc.
  8. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    im guessing Stu edited this because of a little "I" word?

Yea, your kind of screwed. You can't do a full restore because it would force you onto 3.1.3.

Go to Settings, Store, and see if you can sign out the old account. If you can, sign in with yours.