Updates on iPod touch but not computer?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by copychief, Jul 26, 2008.

1. copychief

copychief New Member

On my iPod touch this morning, the App store is telling me that I have three updates - to Pandora, Auora Feint and the Mobile News Network. I've had trouble updating things from the iPod before, so I thought I'd do it on iTunes instead - but iTunes doesn't see any updates, and I DO have the old versions on my computer, so they do need to be updated.

Any one have any idea what's going on?
  2. mitch88ell

mitch88ell New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have the same thing, Its a bug and Apple will fix it with a new version of iTunes.

Please Register or Log in to view images

*BONUS* 200TH POST *BONUS*

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. UncleChuckle

UncleChuckle New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So are you guys hitting "Get App" again and having it say there's an update? That's how I've patched.

I figured this would be about the issue I've had. When I update on the iPod it doesn't seem to download the updates onto the computer anymore. (It did the first time.)

And the update process on the device is a bloody nightmare. My iPod locked up entirely last night and I had to reboot it. Then the icons sit there saying "Loading". I left it for ten minutes. Nothing. When I clicked an icon, it popped up a requester. It was clearly waiting for my iTunes password but never actively asked for it.
  4. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I keep hearing people with this problem! I have Mac OSX, and I have the opposite problem--all my apps have updates, and when I try to update them, it says I have not purchased the apps.

2.0 has been buggier than a jailbroken 1.1.1 for me, so I'm not surprised that the App Store is off to a rough start.