Updated to Itunes 9, now Ipod wont show up

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Evanmav, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Evanmav

Evanmav New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok so I updated my itunes right now and i wanted to sync my ipod so i could get 3.1 but then i plugged in my ipod and it wouldn't show up. I've tried restarting my ipod and it didnt work. So then i was thinking maybe its my usb cable so i plugged my ipod into my laptop and it opened itunes up right away and showed up. So im pretty sure it has to do with itunes 9 because my laptop still has 8. Has anyone run into problems with this? Im gonna try and uninstall itunes and reinstall.

Btw im on an ipod touch first gen on 3.0, and im on windows xp
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Did it show up on iTunes 8?
  3. Evanmav

Evanmav New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah last time i sync'd my ipod was yesterday on itunes 8 so im not sure what happened. Also when i first plugged it in i got a pop up in itunes like "iphone has been recognized" or something like that i cant remeber but then when i clicked ok it just wouldn't show up so idk what to do
  4. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

What firmware did you restore with? Were you sure to use iPod touch firmware?

Also, reinstall iTunes 9 to make sure that it installed correctly.
  5. Evanmav

Evanmav New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i haven't restored because it wont show up in itunes, i just turned it off and back on. And when i updated to 3.0 i updated through itunes so im pretty sure its correct, also the ipod does show up in my computer as a camera so i know the computer recognizes it. Im just gonna reinstall itunes 9 and hope that it works
  6. KevinF

KevinF New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, I had the same issue for a bit. Rebooted my computer, it appeared. Went for the OS 3.1 update, and my Ipod Touch froze up. I had to put it on another computer to reset it. Its fine now. But it gets better, now I Tunes will not work, so I go for a reinstall. It will not install. It says I am downloading ITunessetup.exe, which is a binary file? Have tried half a dozen times now. I Have downloaded it again, and still nothing. What do I do now?
  7. Evanmav

Evanmav New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    just reinstalled itunes and still no luck. Im just gonna downgrade to itunes 8 and wait until theres a new update.
  8. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Hmm, that's weird. Call Apple if you have any questions.
  9. Evanmav

Evanmav New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OMFG CALL ME LUCKY!! I turned off my comp and turned it back on and i plugged my ipod in and it opened itunes! I had restarted my comp before but i guess i had to turn it off after i reinstalled itunes! i am sooo happy, im just nervous that its gonna happen again
  10. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Congratz. It shouldn't happen again. Maybe check your connection if it does.