Updated to 3.1.3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ripply, Feb 6, 2010.

1. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I just updated to 3.1.3 and then i realized it was a mistake. Can I put the iphone in DFU mode and the Shift+Restore to 3.1.2?
  2. The Human Pretzel

The Human Pretzel New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i tried it on my 3G itouch 32gb about 5 diffrent times and it is impossble if someone know how to do it on a, 3G IPOD TOUCHthen plz tell me, that shift restore crap in DFU mode does not work
  3. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You can ONLY go back if you used the cydia 'make my life easier', then you can set up a custom host routing so that you don't verify against apple and it will let you, otherwise, no you are stuck at 3.1.3 with no jailbreak till the iphone 4G comes out.
  4. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    NVM I found this.

"A lot of users upgraded their iPhone 3GS firmware from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 without knowing the consequences. So, if you want to jailbreak and unlock it using blackra1n, you’ll have to downgrade to 3.1.2 but the modem firmware will still be 05.12.01. Remember, before trying this out, back up your data. If you end up bricking your iPhone, I won’t be responsible for it. ( Credit for this guide goes to Cliff who sent it in! )

1.Uninstall iTunes 9.0.3 to from your computer. Remember to back up your data, and rename the iTunes library folder to something else.
    2.Download and install iTunes 8.2.1. Download 3.1.2 firmware to your computer. ( links at the end of this post ).
    3.Connect your phone to the computer and hold shift and click restore in iTunes. Select the 3.1.2 firmware file.
    4.The restore might get stuck and you’ll get an error 1015 message.
    5.Ignore it and reboot your iPhone using the power + home buttons.
    6.You’ll now see the USB and iTunes logo in the iPhone display. This means that firmware 3.1.2 is installed. But right now, the phone is stuck in a DFU loop.
    7.To fix this, you’ll need to use iRecovery. Follow this guide at iHackintosh for it.
    8.Once you’re out of the DFU loop, iTunes will ask you to sync with the old backup. We suggest you avoid that and opt to setup a new phone. iTunes will reactivate your iPhone.
    9.Follow our guide on how to jailbreak iPhone 3GS with OS 3.1.2 with blackra1n RC3.
    10.You can now unlock your iPhone using blackra1n RC3. Follow this guide for instructions"
  5. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    If you need to know how to officially uninstall iTunes, just remember to back up ~/Library/iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1224
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    This method doesn't work unless you used the "make my life easier" option in cydia and change your hosts file to point to cydia.