Updated to 1.1.4, very little change?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by reddeviluk, Mar 15, 2008.

1. reddeviluk

reddeviluk New Member

Hi Guys, since day one my 16Gb touch has been on 1.1.1, anyway, today I decided to try a newer version of the firmware for a change, so I've done a restore (to clear it out), then updated to 1.1.4 and...........very little has changed?, Apple now want to charge me £12.99 for the email and map software. Even the ability to move the icons on the Home screen doesn't work (have held my finger on an icon for several seconds, no screen "wobble"). So nothing at all aside from a grey banner along the bottom of the screen where MUSIC, VIDEO, ITUNES blah blah blah stay, no other noticeable change. Can anyone tell me if I've updated correctly?, everything works, just not as much change as I'd been expecting and the ability to move the home icons, nothing.

By the way, I did a fresh install, didn't update from my back-up (though I did initially try that).

Anyway, thanks for any help offered on why things don't seem to work now......(should have stayed with 1.1.1 I think)

Red Devil
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    If you have it jailbroken on 1.1.4 you can install the apps and then it will wiggle.
  3. reddeviluk

reddeviluk New Member

I thought it was a standard feature on 1.1.4?, the wiggle then icon move thing I mean?
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    It is when the Jan apps are installed