[UPDATED!] 1.1.2 jailbreak!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by adocas, Mar 17, 2008.

1. adocas

adocas New Member

Jailbreak 1.1.2 Updated guide

newbie friendly

First off, i'm making this guide because the 1.1.2 version jailbreak is no longer available. But the fact is: yes it is still available but hard to find, so i'm making this guide for you guys who struggle with getting to stable 1.1.2. So enjoy the guide and your 1.1.2-jailbroken ipod ^^

Jailbreak 1.1.1!
    -1.A.
    You will need to have a jailbroken 1.1.1 ipod. so if you're on 1.1.1 and want to jailbreak it, go into safari and go to: jailbreakme.com.

-2.A.
    When you get to the site, scroll down to the bottom of the page and there will be an option that says "install appsnapp." Tap that and let it do its thing, and after a little moment your ipod is now jailbroken in 1.1.1, so let's move on to next step!

-3.A.
    Now you will have the "Installer" app on your springboard. Tap it. It will refresh the sources and a popup will show, tap on "donate later" until the "already donated shows up". Now tap on Sources down in the right corner, then tap on edit in the upper right corner, then tap on add in the upper left corner, and type in this source:
    http://adocasrepo.googlepages.com/adocasrepo.xml and hit ok. It will now refresh the sources, great let's move on to next step which is to jailbreak to 1.1.2!

Jailbreak 1.1.2!
    -1.B.
    Now go back into installer and go down to the category AdocasRepo (1.1.1). Then you will see something called "OktoPrep" without the quotes. Now install that. when it says it's ready to be upgraded to version 1.1.2 hit ok, and it will respring and you're ready for the next step.

-2.B.
    for this step you will need the 1.1.2 firmware, it's named "iPod1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore" and is available at http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/. Now open up iTunes and go to your ipod, now you're gonna hold down shift+click on Update, than a window will popup, now you're gonna find and choose the ipod firmware you downloaded in previous step ("iPod1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore") and click ok. now let it do it's thing and have patience while it's updating, go get some popcorn or something

Please Register or Log in to view images

now for the next step!

-3.B.
    Now when its done updating to 1.1.2 you will notice that there's no installer icon o: thats just what you want! Now you need this files compiled into a zip folder "1.1.2 jailbreak" this can be downloaded here: http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/100338205/1.1.2_jailbreak.zip.html now Unzip that to your desktop. After youve done that open up the folder, and if your on a Windows you run the file named "windows" if your on a mac you run the file "iphuc" yea strange name :b. Now a window will popup and than another one asking "install SSH" check that. Now to the right there where it says "alpine" thats your password that your going to use to SSH into your ipod so goahead and choose your password. Now when youre done that. Click on jailbreak and let it do its thing. now after a minute or two its done, it will say "reboot your device (it will automaticly reboot once after) after that click OK and your done

Congratulations on your jailbroken 1.1.2!

F.A.Q
    *********************************************************************************
    what if my ipod doesn't jailbreak when i tap install appsnap?
    *1. if it doesent jailbreak reboot your device go back into safari and retry. A reboot always freshes up your ipod

2. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    this guide is wonderful and it completely changed my life and now after using this guide i drive a 400,000 dollar car and i have eight houses and my own private themepark and several beautiful wives
  3. beezy

beezy New Member

haha, good tut man
  4. adocas

adocas New Member

thank you

and its my first >.<