...update?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by centplyr, Oct 12, 2007.

?

Who thinks Apple will come out with an updatethat willpossibly brickjailbroken iPoTs?

1. Yes

35 vote(s)
    60.3%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. Not Sure

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. centplyr

centplyr Member

...uh I was wondering why all you guys are breaking into your iPods when Apple is most likely coming out with another update...?

get back to me........anyone who views this.
  2. entmike

entmike New Member

Of course the next update will fix and disable any 3rd party apps. My question is why would anyone WANT to update? Apple is not twisting your arm.
  3. Inspir0n

Inspir0n New Member

you'll still be able to watch youtube and go to itunes wifi store with an older firmware version once 1.1.2 or whatever comes out?
  4. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

They did it with the iPhone so I do not see why they would not do it with the touch.
  5. entmike

entmike New Member

I'm pretty sure you SHOULD be able to.

But this IS Apple, and they've already mass-bricked a bunch of iPhone users. But besides that obvious mistake on their part, a company can't just "assume" that everybody has upgraded to 1.1.2 and cut off users. I'm willing to be there are still people out there with original 1.0 or whatever iPhones because they just don't care and probably couldn't tell you what firmware is.

Just my opinion.
  6. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i think apple will just give up trying to lock the ipods or iphone, because they spend a lot of money to figure out a way, and it gets hacked in like 3 weeks, so i vote no, they will stop to encrypt it more.

Cheers,
    Ben.
  7. trankillity

trankillity New Member

They did a pretty damn good job of it with 1.1.1.

The OS itself is incredibly airtight now and the jailbreakers had to rely on a "lucky" buffer-overflow exploit in order to get root access rather than any of the previous, more traditional means.
  8. DannySmurf

DannySmurf New Member

And, really, it's not much effort on their part to lock us out with 1.1.2. All they need to do is close the Safari security flaw (which they'd probably do in any case), and then encrypt the firmware with a different key than they used with 1.1.1.

We'd be right back where we were when 1.1.1 came out, and it would cost Apple almost nothing to do.
  9. centplyr

centplyr Member

hmm....all good points...

guess we'll just have to wait and see

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

They will disable the current way of jailbreaking but they will not make them bricks, they just bricked the iphones with the unlocked sims, they could have bricked they ones that just had games and stuff but they chose not to so i doubt they will change there minds next update...