update

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kawasakizx636, Nov 21, 2008.

1. kawasakizx636

kawasakizx636 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hey guys, i haven't used my ipod in a very long time, i used to use it alot, and follow up on these threads. jailbroke it from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 it still has 1.1.3 with the icons that wiggle. should i now jailbreak it to the newest software "2.2"??? how do you guys like it? thanks i haven't really looked around yet, but i figured i'd post this to see what you guys think. cause maybe there's a software inbetween 1.1.3 and 2.2 that i should go with instead of 2.2 also do the apps and games from 1.1.3 work on the newer software? thanks again
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    1. Firmware 2.2 was released yesterday. And considering you haven't purchased the Firmware 2.0 update initially, this firmware will cost you $9.99 to update to. You can purchase Firmware 2.0, which includes all updates like 2.1 and 2.2, through iTunes.

2. Firmware 2.2 isn't yet jailbroken, so if you're interested in that I would recommend updating to Firmware 2.1 for now, until a method has been released.

3. Any applications/games you got through jailbreak on Firmware 1.1.3 will not work on Firmware 2.2 because it is not jailbroken. But, if you were to update to say Firmware 2.1 which is jailbroken, many of them would still not work because 1.1.x applications need to be ported over to 2.x due to different frameworks.
  3. kawasakizx636

kawasakizx636 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    k thx, i'm gonna look into the 2.1 for now. is it any better then 1.1.3? i can't seem to find a thread about the two.
    thanks
  4. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    2.1 is a different planet away from 1.1.3

it really is like a complete new system. just spend the money and upgrade. it's only a few bucks and you'll certainly not regret it.