update worry

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by coolcon, Aug 28, 2008.

1. coolcon

coolcon New Member

Hi,
    I'm just after buying and downloading the 2.0 update for the iPod Touch but have encountered a problem. For some reason when it was doing its thing and putting it on it stopped in recovery mode. It's in recovery mode now and says I will have to restore before I do anything else. Now, I've restored before and lost my January apps - if I restore now will I loose the update I just payed for? How do I avoid this?

I'm sure this has been answered before (sorry) but I'm not great at this stuff so if it were explained simply I'd be very appreciative! Thanks a million.
  2. FootballHero 11

FootballHero 11 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you already have paid for the 2.0 update and its been downloaded, you won't lose anything but your music and videos on your ipod. But you can just sync it after.
  3. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

If you're on XP check

C drive/Documents and settings/<user name>/application data/apple computer/itunes/ipod software updates

And if it has 2.0. , 2.0.1 or 2.0.2. Then you should be fine.

If you can't see those folders click tools>folder options> view> show hidden files (circle box)
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

January apps are included in 2.0

And if you go down to 1.1.4 (not reccomended), iTunes will know you have bought it and re-activate the apps on your iPod.
  5. coolcon

coolcon New Member

Phew, it's all good. I restored and it seems to have done the trick. AppStore here I come

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Thanks for all your advice.