Update to the live metablog?

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Ari., Apr 14, 2010.

1. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hi,

I love the live metablog, especially that its most of the top sites put into one so i don;t require many tabs.

BUT i find it frustrating having to have an extra tab or page for the forum to talk about whats happening in the keynote.

So, what i was thinking (and some others were too but i forgot usernames, sorry) that on the live page, its separated into 2 sections.

The first section will take up most the space on the top and that will be where the moderators post the new features being announced and that will scroll and update automatically all in this separate section (so the pages doesn't go really long and you lose the second section) so this will pretty much stay the same.

The second section will be a smaller area below that shouldn't get hidden by the above and it can be a sort of live chat and people talk about the features there so it updates automatically and is easier for the users to do all in one go.

Of course it would require a spam filter so no new messages in 30 second like the forums, and the moderators could have a simple 'edit' and 'delete' button for anyone breaking rules by swearing etc.. you could also prevent people posting images to stop the spam and losing others messages and limit the smiley's used aswell.

(simple diagram if i my explanation isn't too good)

[][][][][][][][][]
    [][][][][][][][][]
    [][][][][][][][][]
    [][][][][][][][][]
    [][][][][][][][][]
    ==========
    ==========
    ==========

I know this isn't a MUST have feature as the keynotes arn't often and always around, but i just think everything will be less hassle on the day when trying to set up your tabs and pages, and it will help people get more involved i think.

Thanks for reading, and if i wasn't clear please ask away.

EDIT:

This could be an optional feature, so user could have option to just see the updates and hide the messages.
  2. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Seeing as there is a new event coming up thought i'd give this a bump

Please Register or Log in to view images

, save me having to create a new thread right?

sorry for bumping and old thread though, will be so handy though

Please Register or Log in to view images