Update screwed up my itunes.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by hockeysk8er2002, Jul 15, 2008.

1. hockeysk8er2002

hockeysk8er2002 New Member

I updated my touch too 2.0 and downloaded the new itunes. Now when i plug my ipod in itunes becomes unresponsive. Anyone have any ideas or have the same happen to you?
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Try a simple uninstall and reinstall. Then post back.

Also, what OS are you on, Vista, XP, OS X?
  3. moosemun

moosemun New Member

mine does this once in a while too it seems the computer just takes some time....I've had this happen with previous itunes versions also, try waiting a minute or two...
    unless of course it completely frozen

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. clarke717

clarke717 New Member

did the same to mine as well....downloaded 2.0 version.......ipod whitscreened.......would not re-install.....fortunately i only had ipod for 3 weeks so i took it back to the shop and got another....I will not be trying to intall 2.0 again......maybe there is a bug or something, i have heard that its not too good with XP??
  5. sdaz

sdaz New Member

it's a bug in 7.7 that causes some touchs/itunes to appear unresponsive. Give it time. I've posted a fix a couple times if you search my user name.
    It may take up to 15 minutes for the ipod to mount and then it usually works fine after that. At least mine did.