update problem with ipod 2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shavava, Jun 26, 2010.

1. shavava

shavava New Member

hi,

i tried to update my ipod 2g with the new update, and it was nearly finished and then it said "Error-9908" can anyone help me because now i cant even use my ipod at all.

It says connect to itunes and when i do it just says ipod in the middle of the devices screen when i have my ipod connected.

It looks as if it has been wiped but i cant even go on it ( it is just stuck on the connect to itunes screen)
  2. Lagunatic

Lagunatic Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    try DFU and restore again.
  3. shavava

shavava New Member

sorry what is DFU?
  4. adamtuman

adamtuman Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    DFU mode is when you hold the power/sleep button on the top left for 3 seconds then you hold the home button and the power button at the same time the let go of the power button and hold the home button until you see the connect to ituines screen and itunes will say that you need to restore it b4 you can use it with itunes its quite complicated but insted you can just unplug the ipod then hold the home button for a second then plug itr back in and it will say that so you can do either DFU mode is mostly for jailbreaking so unless you plan to jailbreak its not smart to put it in DFU!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    that is only for jailbreaking so
  5. shavava

shavava New Member

i am not sure if i should because isn't jailbreaking your ipod really bad for it. Also when you put it in DFU mode will that mean that itis jailbroken