Update my ipod 3.1.2 2G MC model to 4.0 ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zaedas99, Aug 24, 2010.

1. zaedas99

zaedas99 New Member

Hello, would like to upgrade my ipod touch 3.1.2 2G MC model to 4.0 to have the new functionalities of it.

I tried to download from the internet a firmware 4.0 for ipod touch 2g. then i pressed shift while clicking on "restore" in itune. It wasn't a succes because when i upgraded it just said "error 13".

Does i need to upgrade my itune ? Mine is 9.0.

Is there anything elese i can do to upgrade my ipod touch 2g to 4.0 ?

Thanks
  2. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. Yes, in order for you to have 4.0 on your iPod you must update your iTunes to the newest version.

2. Also, you will not be able to upgrade to 4.0 because Apple has stopped signing or "verifying" it. You will only be able to go to 4.0 if you have saved the SHSH signatures for it. If not, then you will have to upgrade to 4.0.2. Unfortunately, a jailbreak for 4.0.2 for MC models has not been released yet. So I would advise you to either stay on 3.1.2 and jailbreak it with Spirit or upgrade to 4.0.2 and wait for the jailbreak for it to come out.
  3. omokas

omokas Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    1. You must update your iTunes version.

2. To restore to 4.0 you must have your SHSH Blobs backuped up from either Cydia or TinyUmbrella.

3. Was your iPod jailbroken ? If yes there is a chance that Cydia has your 4.0 SHSH Blobs

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yup, that's basically it.

5. zaedas99

zaedas99 New Member

Yes my ipod is jailbroken from 3.1.2.

I have cydia.

So what is that SHSH blobs ? xD. How do i get it ?
    And is there any guide or tutorials for MC 2G models on 4.0 ? I mean it is fully jailbreakable ?

Thanks

EDIT : My ipod is stuck on duf mode, so i tried to restore using a 3.1.2 firmware, but itune say its cant be applied to my ipod =_=. It was working before but now its not =_=.

When the jailbreak for MC model on 4.0.2 gonna release ? Why MC model are so different. Thats piss me off =_=.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    up ^^.
  6. Prototype Alpha

Prototype Alpha New Member

Try updating to the newest version, 4.0.2 then use a backup of 3.1.2 (If you synchronized your iPod to iTunes recently, use that backup.) And that 4.0.2 jailbreak thing is like Xbox 360s; If you have an non-Jtag-able db version you can't Jtag it until the next exploit is found...and so far, no exploits have been found in 4.0.2...version 3.1.3 is better than 3.1.2 btw.