update, jailbreak and savegames

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by prisonjim, Jun 19, 2009.

1. prisonjim

prisonjim New Member

hey guys.

i thought about getting the 3.0 firmware (not jailbroken) for my ipod touch 2g.
    now i have a jailbroken 2.2.1 firmware installed.

is there any way i can update to 3.0 and then later jailbreak it without loosing all my savegames and presets i made with my music apps? (noise.io, idrum, etc)

i found some threads about ssh and stuff like that but nobody wrote where to find the savegames and presets.

thx
  2. Avalyst

Avalyst New Member

Are you talking about AppStore Apps or Jailbreak Apps? The data for the AppStore apps is saved each time you synch your IPT/iPhone, not sure about the Jailbreak Apps though.
  3. prisonjim

prisonjim New Member

i talk about appstore apps not cydia apps. just wanna make sure my savegames, presets and everything will be synced with itunes too u know

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I THINK that when you back up in iTunes, iTunes only backs up app data not the whole firmware. So I think if you were to jailbreak (using pwnagetool and restoring) you could just restore from a back-up in iTunes to get your data back? I think that's how it works, I haven't jailbroken in a while so I'm unsure. I'd like to know too since I want to jailbreak my ipod again lol
  5. himynameisjuan

himynameisjuan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    SSH into your Applications folder and copy the contents of the "Documents" folder of each app that you'd like to save. When 3.0 jailbreak comes out you should be able to reinstall the apps, and re-SSH the save data.
  6. Avalyst

Avalyst New Member

Just do a regular sync and it should back it up.
  7. flamablefart

flamablefart Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    NONONO a regular sync will NOT back up your save data, trust me from experience
  8. prisonjim

prisonjim New Member

well it seems flamablefart is right

as a test i synced everything with itunes.
    then I went into my crazy machines folder on my ipod and deleted the 3 profile files in documents.
    then started the game: no savegames found. ok so far.
    then i deleted the crazy machine game on my ipod and then synced it with itunes again.
    itunes copied the synced game back to my ipod and well... no savegames.

so it's true: itunes just saves the app but not the savedgames.
    sad..
  9. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I don't understand why apple doesn't let us, id be happy to have a longer backup then lose all game saves :/
  10. legendarytrainer

legendarytrainer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    for all of you saying that you cant keep save games, yes you can. do a full backup by right clicking on your ipod touch in the sidebar and click backup. when you restore, set it up from that backup. i know you can becuase ive returned my touch 1g twice before and all of my appstore games still had the saves. jailbreak games require sshing into it and copying files manually.