iOS 4.0 Update ipod touch 3rd gen to ios4 now ipod its not detected by pc or itunes

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by abispac, Jul 30, 2010.

1. abispac

abispac New Member

First post here, thanks for reading, i have a 32gb 3rd gen ipod touch, model A1318 i upgraded to ios4 , now im stuck in a screen that looks like recovery mode, the one with the usb cable that tells you to connect to itunes, the problem its itunes wont recognises the ipod neither the pc, i have tried to go into dfu mode by pressing the home and power butom for 10 seconds trick, and also the press home and power until the screen turns off by itself then 2 seconds and let the power off, and no luck, i never hear the noise that tells me that the computer recognises the ipod , any other usb ittems i plug work ok so i know its not a problem with the computer, freshly formated xp computer with todays itunes, tried several times to enter in dfu mode with no luck, any help would be apreciated, thanks alot.
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Try this:

Different Computer
    Different USB port
    Different Cable
    Or you not entering DFU mode correctly.
  3. abispac

abispac New Member

holly s**** that was fast, yes ive tried that i migt be failing itoentering dfu mode, but im pretty sure im doing all acording to youtube orany other google instructions, i even time the 10 or 2 or 3 seconds, with no luck. it might be that ios renders the dfu mode useles?
  4. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Again
  5. abispac

abispac New Member

ok i have tried 3 diferent computers on several usb ports, with the same result, question would be , wich dfutrick mode wouldyou recomend? the one that turns the ipod on with home and power for 10 seconds or the one that turns off the ipod, sorry if this bugs you.
  6. aznboy00792

aznboy00792 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  7. abispac

abispac New Member

...get into DFU mode:
    1. Make sure the iPod is off and plugged in.
    DONE
    2. Hold the power button for three seconds.
    DONE
    3. Hold the home and power button for ten seconds.
    DONE
    4. Release the power button and hold home until your device is recognized in iTunes.
    lol i did this and itunes never does nothing, i hate too look as a noob noob but impretty sure its somenthing ealse, as i dont have a problem puttin an iphone 3g 3.1.2 into du mode, just this ipod....
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I have tried snowbreeze and redsnow and they both seem to see the ipod, as they tell me that if i have an ipod mc i wont be able to do nothing, im not trying to jailbrake this but im looking for way to make the ipod boot, are there any windows tools that can help restore my ipod besides itunes? thanks for any help
  8. FaL LeGeNd

FaL LeGeNd Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Plug your device in first. Then enter DFU Mode.

2. Hold the power button for three seconds.
    DONE

You're not supposed to hold the power button... just turn it off and go straight to pressing the home and power button. You're screen should turn on, then off, hold the power button for 3 seconds after it turns off and let go of the power. Continue holding the home button until iTunes recognizes it (Could be 5-15 seconds)
  9. abispac

abispac New Member

iight have to send my ipod for tech suport, as i dont hear the beep noise when i conect the ipod to the pc, and from time to time i get a popup message saying that one of the usb ittems has exeded the power, wich makes me think there might be a problem with the usb port on the ipod, as i dont have aproblem at all putting an iphone 3g in dfu mode, if any of you can provide help on how to check if mi ipod usb ports are damaged that would be great.