Update going really slow

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Relyt03, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Relyt03

Relyt03 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am currently updating my iPod touch 1g to 3.0 firmware. I started the update and have been waiting for it to back up my device for about 2 and a half hours.
    I found the backup folder and the size of the folder is growing slowly but the status bar in iTunes is stuck at the first little green bar thing, and has not changed.

I don't know if I did something wrong or if it just normally takes this long. If you need any more info to try and help me please ask.

EDIT:: iTunes told me the iPod became disconnected and told me to restart. This was about 45 min. ago and it is at the point where the status says "Backing Up 'iPod'" and the green bars are moving across the bar repeatedly.
  2. qbal1

qbal1 New Member

it depends on the amount of content on your iPod. if you have a ton of apps it takes longer. depending on which apps I suppose it could take hours. also if it's jailbroken it can take longer if you have giles in the wrong places. for instance using the default diskaid folder for storing a movie will increase the backup time to a rediculous amount
  3. Relyt03

Relyt03 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have not jailbroken it but I do have 50 or so apps I believe, along with a couple movies, 6 I think. So I suppose that would do it. In that case I have another question, Does the backup make a complete copy of my iPod? Like will it take up the same amount of space on my hard drive as it does on my iPod?
  4. qbal1

qbal1 New Member

im pretty sure it just backs up the springboard settings, app settings, and photos folders.