Update FAIL. HeLP!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by mascart, Jun 18, 2009.

1. mascart

mascart New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've purchased 3.0 and am trying to update. For ages now every time it gets 1/2 way done on the backup process a message pops up saying "itunes could not back up the iPod (username) because the iPod is dissconected."
    Even though it is well connected.

I have tried different USB ports, restarting the PC and iPod, everything. Still no luck.

I am on the latest iTunes firmware and iPod touch 2.2.1 (I have never jailbroken either)

What do you guys suggest?
    Thanks,
  2. kawaiitora

kawaiitora New Member

Are you using any of the following:
    1) USB HUB device (external, plugs into a USB port and splits it into more usb ports)
    2) laptop?

1) try plugging it into a standard USB port

2) Have you done this with your laptop unplugged? sometimes that will not provide sufficient power between devices via USB..

None of the above?

Try connecting it to another machine, and updating again, you might need to take your IPSW with you, and be sure to sign the computer your borrowing out of itunes, and yourself in when you install. (And sign yourself out when your done...) If THAT doesn't work... Take the thing to a mac store. If THEY can't figure it out, you just got a shiny new, scratch free one.
  3. Dixi789

Dixi789 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you don't mind inputting all your settings etc again, just cancel the back up and try updating. Or right click on your iPod and back up iPod now without clicking update. Then hold shift and click on restore, and go to C:\Users\Cameron\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates and select the 3.0 update. If this doesn't work, try putting your iPod into DFU mode.