[Update] Cube v1.3 due out soon

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Relyt, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Relyt

Relyt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It sounds to me that Cube might finally be getting multiplayer support. Better controls and performance are always a plus too

Please Register or Log in to view images

This quote is from the Sauerbraten forum by the developer himself on 12/7/08
  2. Germany

Germany Banned

Cool! I have been waiting for the update for a couple weeks now. I hope it has improved a lot. Btw, did the multiplayer work in the current version, because I could never get connected and it always just said failed or something. Cube has a lot of potential! Can't wait for the update.
  3. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nah, Cube's been deleted off my iPod for a LONG time now. I'll be sticking with Brothers in Arms for a LONG Time now.
  4. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

5. Relyt

Relyt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ehhh, they're sort of different. The quote I got was from today, so I thought I should post it. Looking back, I should of put it in the other thread, but I guess it really doesn't matter now.
  6. dyeung

dyeung New Member

"better controls"

I hope they scrap the use of the accelerometer. Ive always hated it because of the difficulty to stay still/neutral.
  7. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

I don't think that they could replace the accelerometer controls with any other practical control set.

And I'm excited! Greatly improved performance? It already runs great on my 2G, so I'm assuming this will affect 1G/iPhone users more, but hopefully it will run even better.
  8. Anonymouslyanonymous

Anonymouslyanonymous Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Great! Cube is seriously in need of improvements.
  9. dyeung

dyeung New Member

How about two d-pads/joysticks (BIA/HoS) on each side for the thumb. In the center of the dpads are clickable buttons set to fire/change weapons w/e. The d pad type movement control just seems easier to use thsn acceleromter
  10. Functional Disorder

Functional Disorder New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This "game" needs much better controls and improvement to that ridiculous lag to become playable. Up to know, this "demo" (nothing to be proud of) has been unusable.