iOS 3.1 update 3.1.3

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jj71787, Feb 8, 2010.

1. jj71787

jj71787 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    my girlfriend left her ipod on the charger and i guess it automatically updated her to 3.1.3 firmware
    is this update still not jailbroken?
  2. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    what generation is your girlfriends iPod?
  3. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

Blackrain should jailbreak her iPod Touch if it's a 1G or 2G.
  4. jj71787

jj71787 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    its a 3g 32gb
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Then the answer is 'nope, not jailbroken for the 3G or newer 3GS, both of which use the new iBoot'.

By the way, this post belongs in the Firmware 3.1.x forum, not the Cydia forum which is about Cydia or other package installers.
  6. jj71787

jj71787 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    does blackrain have anything to keep up with this if he is working on it his website wasnt really up to date
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    this kid posted this on black rains website anyone know if it worked

JOE said...
    alright guys, I think i can fixed this problrm, about 3 hours ago, I got fxxx with the update 3.1.3, probaly that everyone has the same problem, updating/ accidenly to the latest apply A.K.A. 3.1.3. killer
    what I just did now, put your iphone 3g/3gs in a DFU mode, after that, Unplug your iphone cable, plus it back in, No need to open your itune, close that,then run the blackra1n tendening, let it jail break once gain,then u will be all set,trust me, I done it myself, bacially i think the Blackra1n jailbreak just retarded the problem back to old software3.1.2.(7D11), that is exactly show on my 3gs after jailbreak,
    I am so Freaking happy right now..
    if there any question, please e-mail me ( joesti07@hotmail.com)/ post a comments
    Thanks
    JOE
  7. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

If you've done any reading here or on the twitter for geohot or iPhone-Dev, you'd know that they're sitting this release out since it appears that Apple's doing this as a means of catching exploits and unjailbreaking people by killing the 3.1.2 SHSH signatures.

As for that last suggestion, that's pure crap - if you haven't backed up your SHSH's with Cydia or Rock, it won't work and you have to adjust your hosts file so that iTunes can't connect to the Apple server for the digital signature.
  8. jj71787

jj71787 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i actually havent read until now but it seems the guy who did black rain has given up to do ps3 hacks

so no one will hack this until 3.2 is out?
  9. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    pretty much sums it up.
  10. jacarsenal

jacarsenal New Member

I have just bought a 3g ipod touch with 3.1.2 firmware, i have done alot of research and wondered if with a tethered jailbreak i can back up the signature on cydia? it seems to work for iphones but is it the same for 3.1.2 on the touch? I have followed the steps to edit the 'hosts' file also so apple cannot connect. Thanks for any help.