update 1.1.1 to 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by cantbeasier, Jan 16, 2008.

1. cantbeasier

cantbeasier New Member

just to make sure before i go ahead and do anything, would there be any problems with my itouch if it is currently jailbroken and running firmware 1.1.1 and through itunes i run an update for 1.1.3?

thank you
  2. pablowx

pablowx New Member

yea u will lose all ur apps and anything else u installed 3rd party wise
  3. pablowx

pablowx New Member

yea u will lose all ur apps and anything else u installed 3rd party wise
  4. Exodus885

Exodus885 New Member

What he said, but your iPod shouldn't brick or anything. But to be safe maybe you should go to 1.1.2 then to 1.1.3
  5. cantbeasier

cantbeasier New Member

if i upgrade to 1.1.2 will i also lose my third party apps and all things i got after jailbreaking it?
  6. sangesf

sangesf New Member

Yes, that's the EXACT reason why apple comes out with new Firmwares.

They don't want people using the Ipod Touch and getting applications for free, when they can get money for themselves.
  7. cantbeasier

cantbeasier New Member

meaning that basically all the time put into custimization goes to waste each time the firmware is updated? is there anyway to back up all the added content you have to be quickly added again after an update rather than spending hours searching through installer and adding apps one by one?
  8. Young Spade

Young Spade New Member

Wait, what? I'm at 1.1.2 and I have all of my firmware stuff.... unless your talking about something else.
  9. cantbeasier

cantbeasier New Member

i'm saying if you were to upgrade from 1.1.1 to either 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 and keeping your 3rd party applications, because i would like to upgrade to the new firmware, but if there is no way to keep everything (on which i've spent a good amount of time to install and all that) then its not worth it because i don't have the time to set everything back up
  10. awperk

awperk New Member

you can use oktoprep to upgrade to 1.1.2 and keep your apps and jailbreak but there is no way to jailbreak a 1.1.3 firmware and you will not be able to get your apps back. basically there is not an idiot proof way to keep your apps if you update past 1.1.1. i'd suggest sticking with 1.1.1 because you can already do most of the things that 1.1.3 does.