Untethered Jailbreak Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dy13, Jan 10, 2010.

1. dy13

dy13 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have a 32GB iPod Touch 3G, and jailbroke it using blackra1n. Yesterday, I noticed that iPod wouldn't connect to iTunes and wouldn't charge, so I assumed that my power cord was broken. However, I tried using a different cord, and the problem persisted. Convinced that it was a problem with my iPod and not something else, I decided that I needed to take it in to Apple. Seeing as it was jailbroken, I needed to restore it, but because I couldn't connect it to my computer, I didn't have that option. Because the battery just died, I now get the "Connect to iTunes" screen when I attempt to turn the iPod on.

My basic question is: If I send it in to Apple, will they be able to find traces of the jailbreak? Also, even if there is a way to find the traces, will the normal process that Apple would take find them?

Thanks.

p.s. Most of the resources I could find on tethered jailbreaks just said that you needed to connect the iPod after a shutdown, not what would happen if you don't.
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Run blackra1n again to turn it on.
  3. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah once you run blakcra1n again, DFU restore it and send it in to apple if the problem persists
  4. dy13

dy13 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The problem I have is that my iPod no longer connects to my computer. There is something (at least I think) wrong with the actual charging mechanisms. Thus, I can't run blackra1n again, or restore it, in order to fix the problem.

To restate my real question: If I send it in to Apple, will they be able to find traces of the jailbreak? Also, even if there is a way to find the traces, will the normal process that Apple will take find the traces?
  5. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    they will probably find out its jailbroken if they fix it and get it running
  6. dy13

dy13 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Can anyone answer the question of whether or not the jailbreak would be visible to them if they managed to somehow remove the disk from my iPod or get the connection fixed? Remember that I have rebooted my iPod and not been able to rerun blackra1n. Also, are the files of the iPod still accessible even if blackra1n has not been run after my reboot?
  7. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes of course they would find traces unless restored but do you have your ipod pugged into the computer through a usbsplitter to have more usb ports? if so unplug it and plug it in directly to your computer that has been a problem for many.
  8. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Try doing DFU if it is not connecting to your computer.
  9. Enkeixpress

Enkeixpress Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nope.

If your seeing that "plug into iTunes" message.. then your device is no longer jailbroken..

Once you run BlackRa1n again with the ipod connected & the device restarts... then it's jailbroken again.

So your all good to send it in.
  10. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    You are never not jailbroken, unless you restore.
    You simply use blackra1n to boot it.