Untethered jailbreak for MC model?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Matt650, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Matt650

Matt650 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Last night I jailbroke my iPod 8gb MC model using Redsn0w 0.9.2. When it was finished, Cydia was there and I installed a few Cydia apps. I was in Cydia again for a few minutes and it froze up when I was trying to install another app.My music stopped. The screen was black and then the apple appeared. After that, the USB cable and iTunes logo came up. Now my iPod was in recovery mode and I couldn't use it until I plugged it in the computer.

This morning, I took my iPod down to the computer, plugged it in, and ran Redsn0w again. This time I chose 'Just boot tethered' and waited a minute. Then the 'Slide to unlock' appeared. Then I found out that All my Cydia apps were still there, just like they were last night. I'm not an expert with jailbreaing but does this mean that it was untethered?
  2. thedj

thedj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    No, this means that its tethered.
  3. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    A tethered jailbreak is one where you must attach the iPod to a computer and run the jailbreak program again in order to boot it. You simply just booted your tethered device

Please Register or Log in to view images

You'll have to use redsn0w every time you restart your device and want to boot it back up again
  4. Matt650

Matt650 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Thanks for the help guys. I understand it now.