Unteathered fail, need help immediately!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nick_a94, Mar 11, 2009.

1. nick_a94

nick_a94 New Member

I was trying out the unteathered jailbreak GUI, Quick Freedom, and I obviously screwed up cause now my ipod wont boot and it wont recognise in itunes now. What i did was go through the hole GUI right and i made my custom firmware. when it told me to go to itunes and restore my DFU'd ipod to the custom IPSW i just kept getting the itunes 1601, and 1602 errors. then i tried restoring it on another computer but with the same firmware. i got the same results so i re installed itunes on that computer. now my ipod, for some strange reason, wont even get recognized in itunes. when i try to put it in DFU mode i also get a different sound on windows vista, like something has gone wrong.

i need my ipod really soon because im going away for march break and ill be using it a lot

EDIT: o ya also i forgot to say but the ipod wont come up in the left bar in itunes when it is in DFU mode. personaly i think this problem has something to do with the patch that was installed during the Quick Freedom GUI.

please help me guys, i would really appreciate it!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. flips30240

flips30240 New Member

in these situations its a matter of keep trying dfu until it works 'cause you didnt do it right the first 100000000 times. i hate dfu. use a clock or something to time it. and use this timing, its worked for me every time. power/sleep and home for 10 sec. let of power/sleep right on 10th second then hold home for exactly 8 sec. hope it helps!
  3. nick_a94

nick_a94 New Member

i know how to get it into DFU mode. what im saying is that something is not working while its in DFU because my computer acts differently now when i put it into DFU.

just read the original post more thoroughly
  4. flips30240

flips30240 New Member

i read it several times. i didnt mean to sound like a jerk in my above post, but these are usually the cases where you have to keep truing dfu until it works. you can try charging it for a while and trying again. it could be dead. also with the untethered (im not 100% sure) i think you need to run the rslite program before using itunes to restore. one more thing. are you currently on 2.2.1 and are you trying to install 2.2.1? because if your not it wont work. you can only install the custom firmware if its the same firmware thats on the ipod at the time of restore. one of those should be the reasons

phew
  5. JayK-47

JayK-47 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    He was just trying to help you man.. Did you pre jailbreak to get the white screen on your ipod?
  6. flips30240

flips30240 New Member

thanks words failed me as to how to describe the rslite pre jailbreak. thanks!

7. nick_a94

nick_a94 New Member

sorry if i sounded a little annoyed but im kinda stressed cause of this jailbreak thing.

I dont know if it really matters but before the unteathered jailbreak attempt i was using the redsnow lite and before that i had 2.2.1.

also no im pretty sure i did not get a white screen when i put it in DFU

i will try charging it though
  8. JayK-47

JayK-47 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok but the white screen wont come up when you go to dfu its after you apply the pre jailbreak
  9. flips30240

flips30240 New Member

hey i know you feel i broke my ipod(long story) without a hope of repair. as for the white screen run rslite when in dfu, it should recognize your ipod if its in dfu even if itunes doesnt, and then when your finished with rslite and your screen is white then restore. that should work. (ive never done untethered seeing as my ipod touch broke the day untethered was released

AAAAHHHHHHH(sorry)so im not 100 % sure(but iam 95ish% sure

)
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    sorry this is wayy off topic but why do you have 2 ipod touch 2g's?
  10. JayK-47

JayK-47 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Uhh yea... I got 2 because of some mix up but i gave one to my brother

@nick maybe its just your frustration that is preventing you from dfu and by the way what sound do you hear , is it the usb device removed sound or the plug in??