Unstable?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Blonderator, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Blonderator

Blonderator New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I hacked my iPod yesterday, and all was well. I've put apps on it, custom icons, everything worked great.

But today I noticed that my iPod is crashing very, very frequently. If I try to open up any apps while listening to music, they usually crash within 30 seconds of being opened, and rather than crash to the home screen, they crash all the way back to the "Slide to Unlock" screen.

It is very annoying, and since it never once crashed before I hacked it, I think I might have to restore. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is it just me?
  2. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    What apps have you installed?
  3. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Check the iPod Touch Wiki and there is a list of working and nonworking apps.
  4. Lee

Lee New Member

Seems alot of bricking and issues following jailbreak/hacking.

Think i'll leave mine alone !
  5. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    There are not a lot of issues with bricking at all. There are incidences of freezing. The only issues with bricking are few and only happen to those who do not follow instructions.

There are freezing that occurs with applications that are not fully compatible with touch, but it is not that big of a deal since you can just reset if you don't like the jailbreak.
  6. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

you have a problem with springboard most likely, thats why it is crashsing to unlocker

unlocker > springboard > application

if the one furthest to the left crahses, all the others crash. your springboard is unstable due to a funky hack or an incompatible version of summerboard or customize.
  7. Lee

Lee New Member

Fair enough fella.

I can only comment on what I have read on this forum and others from people who have done this procedure, and either found or not found issues.

And fair play to them if they want to.

As I said i will just leave mine alone for now...lol....

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. starkruzr

starkruzr New Member

I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem.

Try this: start listening to music, and then start browsing and reading stories on Digg (no, seriously). Does Safari crash when you do that?

I ask because a LOT of people have been having problems with Safari being unstable when browsing Digg and a few other Javascript-heavy sites.
  9. Blackness

Blackness New Member

Thats soooo funny. Does everyone here use Digg? This is exactly what happen to me i was listening to music and decided to head over to digg and it crashed my music. I have a bunch of stuff on my touch like i think everything you can put on it. I did everything right though all the permissions and what not.

So i ended up deleting some appz that i didn't use that just took up space and now i can go through digg with no problem.

Update: I thought this wasn't going to happen anymore but it did. Everything is setup right i'll double check everything and post up.
  10. trackter

trackter New Member

Unstable

Though the Jailbreak and installing apps went without issues, I am having stability issues as well now, freezes and going back to the unlock screen all the time. Will uninstall Springboard for now if to see if this is the culprit!