Unstable Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by evilp8ntballer7, Dec 2, 2007.

1. evilp8ntballer7

evilp8ntballer7 New Member

Well im on 1.1.2 jailbroken and it seems like i cant multi-task very much its almost like whenever do something else while im listening to music it will crash and holding the home key wont help and i have to force restart it with the home and sleep button, has anyone else had this and what could help prevent this as much?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

Restore your iPod to 1.1.2 firmware, downgrade to 1.1.1, and jailbreak, but don't update to 1.1.2.
  3. evilp8ntballer7

well if .2 firmware is the problem then nevermind, they over clocked the processor and bus speed in .2 and I can tell so I would rather stay with .2 if your saying to just go back down to .1
  4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Clock speed is 412MHz in 1.1.2, same as it was in 1.1.1. The speed increase is due to optimizations, not overclocking.
  5. evilp8ntballer7

the speed in 1.1.1 was 400mhz along with a 100mhz bus speed they increased the cpu speed 12mhz and the bus speed 3mhz it may not be overclocking but that is what sysinfo showed in .1 and .2
  6. mcquincy

mcquincy New Member

unstable 2

hi everybody

I have my iTouch since it was released in Germany. I had to replace my good old first gen 4gb iPod mini. I use fw 1.1.1 and a lot of custom tools. But the work flow is bad. My lovely gadget crashes a lot of time my curently running app or reboot springboard. Multitasking is a no go at the moment. Hope the prob. will be solved soon. C ya
  7. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sorry to hear it's a bad experience for you, mcquincy.

Why don't you upgrade to 1.1.2? There is a way to jailbreak from there too (check the Jailbreak part of this forums, it's explained).

Also, are you using SummerBoard? There are some issues with it, if you're using the "Dim Wallpaper" option. I've seen they just updated the application though, maybe it's solved.

Finally, make sure you have [url="http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1924]enough memory for all the applications[/url] on the flash, even though that doesn't sound like the problem you have.
  8. mcquincy

mcquincy New Member

unstable fw1.1.1

I moved my apps to the bigger partition if u mean that. Are all custom apps running on fw 1.1.2. I allready oktoprep my iTouch 4 an fw update. Are there more steps i have 2 do. Love this forum & still my unstable gadget