Unstable iPod after 1.1.3jb and AFTER recovery to 1.1.1...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Paulo Souza, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza New Member

Well, after failing to soft-upgrade my iPod Touch to 1.1.3 from 1.1.2, i decided to downgrade to 1.1.1 and try the upgrade again. After that, my ipod was pretty unstable, restarting to the apple logo when i pressed the home or standby button. After all the mess we are trying in the last days to have our apps (like making it think its an iphone), i thought that it could be my installation or the 1.1.3 jailbreak but...

Yesterday, i restored to 1.1.1 firmware and just discovered that my ipod seems just like the same. Unstable and randomly restarting when i press the home button to unlock (mostly when i leave the ipod in standby for a long time).

Now, i'm afraid i semi-bricked my iPod and may have to ship it back to apple...
    I bought it preloaded with 1.1.2 firmware, and i'm trying to update to that firmware now.

If anyone has ever had this kind of problem or, something looked alike, please, let me know asap.
  2. iatealitlebabie

iatealitlebabie New Member

Follow my guide in my sig and you should be back in business.
  3. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

all i can say is, this jailbreak is very dodgey and you cant expect it to work as the 1.1.1 did. I'm holding out for the SDK release beofre jailbreaking to see what happens there tbh.
  4. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    mine works awesome! music sounds better than 1.1.1 did too!
  5. kappatango

kappatango New Member

All I can say is that I used a combination of iatealittlebabie and Tokenfreak..... was easy as pie and all now running smoothly on a JB 1.1.3

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza New Member

I understand the proccess is very easy, the problem is that my ipod seems strange since that, even after i downgraded it. Only yesterday, I did the 1.1.3jb proccess two times

I'm trying 1.1.2 now and look for anything unstable before trying 1.1.3 again.
  7. Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza New Member

Tried downgrading to 1.1.1 again, couldn't resist and upgraded to 1.1.3. Everything is working fine (listening to music and playing gba or using wifi, whatever) but, my ipod freezes randomly. When i try to wake it up from stand-by its frozen with a black or white screen. I suspect it happens when my ipod is in standby mode.

Please, let me know if someone had some problem like this.
  8. dude19

dude19 Banned

i have been getting this too like before i jailbreak no crashes etc. 1.1.1 jailbreak running smooth an occasional freeze, then the 1.1.2 jailbreak and it starts getting worse safari freezes , touch becoms less sensitive to my finger , keyboard freezes, automatic restarts, i restored it only once to 1.1.1 for some reason, and it still would act up, definetley not a good thing, safari also finds it hard to load streaming videos, its almost becoming unusable ,i can only restart it by home+sleep button, and restart takes about 2 minutes on my just aobut filled 16gb.also wifi is getting sketchy when before it was hard as a rock and stable.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza New Member

It was rock solid on my 1.1.2 setup. I hope i don't have to send it back to Apple since i bought that in Europe and i live in Brazil...

Now, I have two lines of investigation to follow.

1) I bought it with 1.1.2 firmware. Maybe this hardware revision (ok, it maybe only in my dreams, but i have to try anything at this point) works only with 1.1.2+. Try to downgrade to 1.1.1, oktoprep and upgrade do 1.1.2 all again.

2) In the process of downgrade, upgrade, downgrade, upgrade and hours of ibrickr maybe (i'm saying, maybe) something was messed with the itouch's battery or the battery controller. Lithium ion cells don't have memory effect but a bad charge could create "gaps" in my battery that maybe is freezing my ipod. Trying a full discharge and full recharge now.
  10. Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza New Member

My ipod simply can't run well on 1.1.1. Installed 1.1.2, jailbroke it and it just worked fine. Upgraded to 1.1.3jb and rock solid too.

I think, it's hardware compatibility.

That's it, thread closed. Thank you that tried to help me.