Unsolved problem... Do you have ANY CLUE what might have went wrong????

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rrroach, Apr 21, 2009.

1. rrroach

rrroach Well-Known Member

i was playing pokemon emerald my 1st gen 16gb itouch yesterday evening, and when my battery became low, i put in on the charger and left for a few hours. i returned only to find that the ipod was completely off and would not take ANY action, whether it be turning on, rebooting, going in to DFU mode, or plugging into the computer to sync. I know that its not the charger that won't work because i can feel that the ipod is warmer at the base, near the usb port, and also i have charged my ipod nano from there, too. and i can't SSH into it...

So, just a recap:

1. my ipod will not respond in ANY WAY after full charge
    2. the charger is POSITIVELY WORKING, and IS CHARGING THE IPOD
    3. the ipod turned off BY ITSELF WHILE IT WAS ON THE CHARGER
    4. i cannot go into DFU mode or SSH into it
    5. itunes does not detect it, and therefore, there is no way to restore it (any ideas on how to get itunes to detect it?)

WHAT CAN I DO???? My best bet right now is that it has broken, and if it is, could you please tell me:

WHY???

If there is ANY way that i can get it working properly again, i NEED TO KNOW!!!!

ANY help will be greatly appreciated

I might also add that about 4 days before i had to restore it because of a virused download for FontSwap that i got from Cydia... although i doubt that has anything to do with the problem.....

THANKS!!!!!

if it's broken, i might have to buy a new 16 gig from apple... GREAT PRICE!!: http://store.apple.com/us/product/FA627LL/B?afid=p210|frgl&cid=AOS-US-SHOP-Froogle
  2. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

What tool did you use to jailbreak?
    EDIT: Mah bad, 1G.
  3. 00Svo

00Svo Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    probably a hardware failure. since it cant seem to do anything.
  4. holbikwolff10

holbikwolff10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    By the way, don't actually try this.

I really hope you are still under warranty. Since it doesn't turn on to begin with, I seriously doubt it's the software failing. You probably have a hardware failure here.
    If you were playing Pokemon Emerald (awesome game, lol) you must be jailbroken. Which means Apple has a chance of finding out you were jailbroken if you send it back. Here's what I would do, to get Apple to accept it (you will need to unjailbreak it somehow, right?):
    Electrocute it to death. I would say take it apart and replace the memory, but that would cost money and probably void the warranty. THIS IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A DEGREE OR SOMETHING, DO NOT TRY IT. IF YOU CANNOT GET ALL THE SAFETY STUFF FOR IT, DO NOT TRY IT. PERIOD. I recommend you do this outside and behind some sort of cover (in case of battery explosion.) Seriously, I am not getting sued because you don't know what you're doing. JUST DON'T DO IT.
    Anyway, cut an UNPLUGGED extension cord in half. Now feed the (STILL UNPLUGGED) exposed wire at the end into the charger port. now put the ipod on a surface that wont conduct electricity. AND GET A FURE EXTINGUISHER. Now, WHILE NOT TOUCHING THE iPOD, AND WHILE NOT CLOSE TO THE iPOD plug in that extension cord for about half a second. Now, if the iPod is on fire, put it out with the fire extinguisher immediately. You should now have no traces of Jailbreaking, and you can tell Apple that the charger got seriously f***ed up.

PS. While this does look like a very fun way to get the thing sent back, I STILL DON'T RECOMMEND IT AT ALL. Find another way, use this as a fun fantasy. And if you're crazy and promise not to sue me, then maybe as a last resort.

PPS. Actually, you know what, just don't do it.
  5. rrroach

hey it worked!!! no jk

p.s. PC's OWN!!! xD
  6. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Mine was unresponsive after the battery died. I held the home and power buttons until I had dimples on my fingers and it finally turned on. This was while it was plugged in to my wall charger.
  7. rrroach

hmmmm.... how long did you hold it?
  8. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Like, 10 minutes or the whole length of a cartoon.
  9. 00Svo

00Svo Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It's cuz you were playing pokemon.
  10. rrroach

i hate to be blunt, but no: you're wrong.

No one has run into this problem before, and besides, i've had it for about 2 months and nothing had gone wrong before