Unsharp pictures when saved to the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fender2, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Fender2

Fender2 New Member

When I get pictures by mail into my iPhone 3G and then save these pictures, they get very unsharp and compressed. Is there anything that I can do to fix this problem? Perhaps with an app from App store or Cydia, or something? Any ideas?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Am I really the only one that has noticed this...?
  2. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    i have noticed this too....its dumb. i just open the files on my computer and sync them in iphoto if i really need it.
  3. HLR Element

HLR Element Banned

yea, i was wondering this too, i had some pics on photobucket that i saved to my ipod and it looked like crap... but they are a decent quality on the web page...
  4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I thing the iphone automatically crops and shrinks them so they display on your screen better or so it thinks. I download a full blown wallpaper to use as a background on my mac. when I got home and synced the wallpaper looked like crap and was not the size it should have been. I know this because I downloaded the same wallpaper from the same place on my mac and it came out fine.

Maybe someone can find a way to disable this.
  5. willdacracka

willdacracka Member

Device:
    iPhone
    just open up discover.app and it shows them in full resolution

Please Register or Log in to view images

problem solved
  6. Fender2

Fender2 New Member

Yes, I know that I can open the files on my computer and sync them into the iPhone, but if I get a photo by mail into my iPhone, I would like to save them into the cameraroll in their original size. And I suppose that is not possible fron the discover.app?
    One of the reasons why they did'nt put MMS into the iPhone, is that sending photos etc by mail is better. Yes, that is true, but then it should work...
  7. DarthVader1432

DarthVader1432 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I had this same problem all u have to do is use camerabag go to the original picture in the app save it again ad it will be sharp