Unresponsive iPhone Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wcstick, Apr 7, 2010.

1. wcstick

wcstick Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My iPhone suddenly randomly stopped responding to my touches but the buttons still work. I've restarted and restored and re-jailbroken and it still doesn't respond. Is there anything I can do before I give it to Apple to fix? Since it's an unlocked phone, do I have to hack/activate it before I send it to Apple? Also, it's out of warranty so does anyone have an idea of how much it will cost?

Thanks in advance!
  2. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Dfu restore and if u have warrenty you should just get a completely new one. i had this happen to my ipod. I took it to apple, They did something and didnt give me new. Got to my house and didnt work. Took to someone else and got replacement.
  3. wcstick

wcstick Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    funny, I left it overnight and it's working again.
  4. stanleybridgeboy

stanleybridgeboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    That's not the best sign, if I were you I'd contact Apple and let them know what's going on.

I'm hoping it hasn't come in contact with your toilet, sink, shower or swimming pool though... But regardless, contact Apple and see what they have to say. They might replace it, although it appears it's the original iPhone? Warranty would be up, but you never know, they might be generous today.