Unrepsonsive sleep and volume buttons

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by got em, Sep 20, 2010.

1. got em

got em New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Got my 4g touch yesterday and hours later the sleep and volume buttons stopped working, the home button still works great as long as everything else. Tried a restore but that did nothing. Anyone else having this issue?!
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Get a replacement.
  3. mytachi

mytachi New Member

yes, my itouch 4g also has this prob.. theres a thread in the apple support, but no1s getting any answer.. i dnt think its a hardware prob, it comes and goes, so idk.. i had it good for like 2 days, and after i synced with itunes, all three buttons became unresponsive..

my warranty is for 1yr so im thinkin of returning it midway.. hehe.. to get a brand new itouch..
  4. PHILAZILLA

PHILAZILLA New Member

iOS 4.2 fixing the unresponsive Sleep / Volume controls?

I've had the 4G since it was released and have tried restoring MANY times to fix this issue. It seems to be malfunctioning more and more often lately. I'm hoping the new iOS 4.2 might fix this- anyone think this is the case? If not- I wish I had just replaced it instead of waiting all this time for the update.

Thanks
  5. mkm159

mkm159 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    A restore will not fix it. Trust me I tried.
    Go to the apple store and get it replaced. You just got a faulty one. I got mine replaced and so far it is working great!
  6. Tatanka

Tatanka New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Replace or take refund,4g has manufactured problems,so,any upgrade(ios4.2)not fix light leaks,overheating,buttons,wifi...