unrelated to all the other "help me" posts....please read.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by cheapfame, Feb 6, 2009.

1. cheapfame

cheapfame New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    now that i got your attention can someone help me I'm not one to brandish terms like "bricked" around. But i think my gen 1 16bg touch is bricked.
    heres the state of play.i was just trying a few different thing when my touch stopped looked like it was rebooting with apple logo but thats where it stayed. I tryed restoring to backup and even ran quickpwn again, everything seems to be fine (as when i restore in itunes) but the device is stuck on boot logo. Even to the extent explorer will pop up a window for the apple device (pics) and itunes can see the device and i can navigate around the device in itunes with content in tact.
    I do not use logome.
    I was last using fontswap to change a sytem font to something resprung and presto. Fu2ked.

Any help is appreciated please i'm not young, foreign, stupid or wierd. please help
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Make sure you have a full battery, put in DFU mode and restore to a clean stock Apple firmware? That should fix it... if you're still having problems post again.
  3. cheapfame

cheapfame New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    thanks for the reply,
    so i need to do it through itunes? i'm on 2.1 so it will want me to go to 2.2 hey ? so i'm forced to get the update to factory restore ?
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Restore through iTunes (you will lose all your data but sounds as though you've messed up some system files so probably no other choice).

You can restore to any firmware. Put your device in DFU mode while connected to your pc and then hold SHIFT and press the restore button, which allows you to select your firmware file rather than restoring to the latest available firmware. Then just select the 2.1 firmware file.

I'm still on 2.1 too, more stable than 2.2 in my opinion.
  5. cheapfame

cheapfame New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    problem solved.
    what a relief.
    word of warning for others. dont clown around with fonts / catagories !