Unregistering/uninstalling ipod touch from itunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by genius069, Jun 30, 2009.

1. genius069

genius069 New Member

Is there a way to uninstall a particular iPod from iTunes or remove all components of itunes and ipod drivers from a system? Uninstall method does not work.

Issue: I have an ipod touch that used to work fine with itunes. I ended up doing a restore on the ipod touch via itunes. Everything worked fine and ended up with a screen on the ipod touch asking me to connect it to the desktop computer. It was already connected to the computer and nothing happened. I proceeded to disconnect it and re-connect it and still no joy. I went through the 5r from apple, and several suggestions that I found on this board and others, different usb ports and so on.

Currently: I ended up connecting the ipod touch to my friends laptop instead and everything worked fine. iTunes recognized it, was able to synch music, pictures and movies.

I would like to get my desktop connection working again since it is my primary system and don't always have the laptop handy. I know the USB works on the desktop since I was able to attach my brothers ipod touch and it was recognized with out an issue. I am able to update my wife's Nano and shuffle with out an issue as well. When I plug in my iPod touch I hear a ding sound on windows indicating I plugged something into the USB port and my ipod also starts to charge. However itunes refuses to recognize there is an ipod connected to the system. I have a feeling there is something corrupted about my particular ipod's files on itunes and preventing it from being detected. I would like to completely remove all traces of iTunes and ipod drivers from my system as if it was never on there. Does anyone know how to do this or provide some other insight on my issue.

Thanks
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you cannot install an ipod from the system but if you want to remove ALL traces of itunes + drivers, use Revo Uninstaller, select itunes and make sure you do deep scan.

Hope it works out
  3. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if you wanted to restore and erase everything of the ipod...

dfu + restore
  4. genius069

genius069 New Member

Thanks dark side, I will try doing that. Iptman, I would rather not do that since I know my ipod works fine and would rather not do an unnecessary restore.

btw: I have 1st gen touch w/ firmware version 1.1.5
  5. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah the uninstall of iTunes should do the trick.
    Try installing iTunes 8.2 as well.
  6. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Make sure you remove everything and try different versions too

Why not upgrade the software to 2.2.1 or 3.0 in the meantime...
  7. genius069

genius069 New Member

not sure i wanted to pay to upgrade to 2.2.1 version. I may upgrade to 3.0 if I can pay the $10 and upgrade from 1.1.5 to 3.0
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well that didn't work. I uninstalled all the components, registry entries an so on from my system. Restarted it, downloaded the latest itunes and installed it, restarted my system and itunes still had my play lists in there. I proceeded to plug in my ipod touch and my system installed drivers for it but still does not show up in itunes. I didn't really want to format my system just to get my ipod touch to work. Anyone have any other ideas/suggestions?