Unpluged while updating to current firmware?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by trummy, Sep 22, 2010.

1. trummy

trummy New Member

ok, yesterday I tried to update my ipod to the current firmware and I let it update overnight. When i woke up the next morning my ipod was stuck at the updating screen (there is an apple and a loading bar under it). So I unplugged it and when I tried to plug it back in it wants me to restore it. Every time I restore it, it always gives me a different error every time. I tried almost everything. I tried changing cords, computers and restarts, and uninstalling itunes. I also tried putting in DFU mode and recovery mode. Also everytime i plug it in my ipod flashes and goes to some screen with lots of wierd codes and at the bottom of the screen it says: panic: We are hanging here ... uation: 0x8.

Can someone please help me I really want my ipod back and don't know how to do it. Thanks
  2. humanidt

humanidt Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you might have bricked it. that happened to me with my old comp. it was only 600mhz, so i don't think it could handle an update. i had to take it back to apple and they swapped it. take it to apple, if youre under warranty. if not, i guess youre out of luck. sorry
  3. trummy

trummy New Member

ya I forgot to mention I once jail broke it but then got rid of the jail broke over 2 updates ago. and I had this for about a year and a couple months so i don't have warranty anymore.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    You're iPod booted in verbose mode and suffered from a Kernel Panic [ which i find hilarious for iOS ]. Restoring in this case may not be easy, as i had a Kernel Panic and the damn kernel panic kept occurring before i could do anything.

You need to restore.
  5. trummy

trummy New Member

yes the same thing keeps happening to me. Do you know how to fix it?
  6. sdettmer

sdettmer New Member

7. trummy

trummy New Member

what are shsh files?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I figured it out, thanks guys. I took me 15 hours to do it but i finally got it back to normal

Please Register or Log in to view images