Unorganised

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Gso3, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gso3

Gso3 New Member

Whats the deal with this forum? Why is there outdated sticky posts which refer to Jailbreaking older, obsolete firmware versions?

Where is the 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 sticky?

Also, when you try to search the forums for "jailbreak 3.1.2" it doesn't recognise the "3.1.2" bit as a valid term so ignores it.. making the search completely void!

what is going on, seriously, is there not some sort of moderator assigned to this section to tidy things up.

and can somebody not write a basic tutorial on how to JB the newer firmware versions with the new Jailbreaking programs?

I mean, seeing as its the #1 ipod touch discussion website on Google, I thought id find answers here but im left to trawl through all the bullsh*t manually because your search feature is retarded.
  2. IxI Dan IxI

IxI Dan IxI New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Irrelevant/off-topic posts
    The problem is you're focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.
  3. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    umm maybe cause some people still run on those firmwares? It takes time to write the guides? the search engine searches keywords so if the thread has anything about 3.1.2/3 it would show you. Dont be flaming us
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    @ ixi dang ixi, didnt you post that exact saying somewhere else?
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

5. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  6. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Wow, our search feature freaking sucks! I mean look at that, the first two results are directly to do with jailbreaking 3.1.2.

As you can see, the tutorial section is currently in beta, we've retooled it to make it a lot easier for users. We've had to put in a lot of our own work to find tutorials and tag them, and is a work in progress.

We're sorry that our website isn't up to your standards of perfection, please kindly construct some kind of list on how to make it better, and PM it me. I'll gladly disregard it.
  7. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    We are in the process of phasing out old stickies. If you see something obsolete, notify a moderator.

We also are trying to ramp up tutorial/guide writing.

However, we aren't "missing" anything big. As ChrisL said, the Firmware 3.1 jailbreak section has what people need.

If the iPTF "in-house" search is not working as you would like, use the Google custom site search.

/edit: what Meikura said.

8. Gso3

Gso3 New Member

You will disregard it? Yep.. seems like thats what you do with good advice. I really didn't come on to flame, I love reading about everything Ipod Touch related on these forums and have frequented this place for quite some time now.

Its just when I found myself needing specific info/tutorials.. I couldn't find it!

and btw, im using the "search this forum" feature, because my Ipod is indeed a 2G and the term "3.1.2" is definately not recognised as valid.

As for writing a JB tutorial, how long would that take? 5 minutes at most? I would even do it, if only I could get the damn thing sorted

EDIT: Oh, ok.. custom search, I will give it a go.

Thanks for the replies and yes, will do Axis!
  9. IxI Dan IxI

IxI Dan IxI New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Google.com ---> Ask question ---> Click Search button ---> Get results --> ????? ---> Quit complaining?
  10. Gso3

Gso3 New Member

Google is sh*t for this sorta thing.. this is a thriving community with alot of knowledge about any Ipod Touch related problem. Why would I go elsewhere?

Dude, preach to somebody else lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.