Unordinary Problem in 2nd gen Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by whtLightnin466, Mar 13, 2009.

1. whtLightnin466

whtLightnin466 New Member

So I have a 2nd gen ipod touch and it is tethered still. While using it I had it freeze and it became unresponsive so I let it die and then put it in DFU mode and fixed the problem.

Well... after using it again the same thing happened but stupidly I tried pressing sleep and home a lot to unfreeze but this led to it turning off. I can't let the battery die to use DFU to fix the problem cause it is off.

I know how to use DFU to your advantage and am not an amateur so don't just tell me "Put it in dfu idiot!" Cause that was obviously the first thing I tried, So if anyone can help me out it will be GREATLY appreciated.

The faster I can fix it the faster I can change it to untethered to get rid of this problem forever.
  2. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wait? OP seems to indicate you think you can only go into DFU on a dead battery?
    Correct me if I'm wrong and I'll try to help you..
  3. whtLightnin466

whtLightnin466 New Member

I know it doesn't have to be dead but when it freezes like it did before you just have to wait for it to die before you can, like I said it was a simple solution. But in the situation I am in now it isnt working :/ mainly cause it is tethered and dead. I also know how to reboot a tethered ipod but it can't re-boot unless in DFU.
  4. s60914a

s60914a New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    same thing happen to me before ,just let it sits for an hour or two then try DFU again ,thats how i fixed mine,if u still cant, wait a day......