Unlockng a 2G iPhone 3.1.3 to T-Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rawfuls, Apr 10, 2010.

1. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    One of my friends recently picked up an old used iPhone 2G 3.1.3 and has asked me to attempt to unlock it for her new sim card. I had previously tried to unlock it wig redsn0w but to no avail. I told herto bring it back to ke in a few days and I'll take a look at it.
    I'm basically looking to unlock the iPhone for their new plan, preferbanly without a sim card up front (so she can have a phone for the while that I have it for), unless of course I am able to do it within an hour timeframe. What program and files will I be looking at? And what exactly am I to do after the jailbreaking (the unlocking part)..

Thanks in Advance,
    rawfuls
  2. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think you need Redsn0w 0.9.4 the 3.1.2 FW and the bootloaders for the phone. The whole jailbreak and unlcok takes about 5 to 10minutes
  3. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Alright, do you know if I need the TMobile sim card (which needs to be activated + and have data plan, does it?) need to be in the phone while jailbreaking + unlocking?
  4. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Since you got a 2G it cant be jailbroken and unlocked for life meaning any firmware. Download redsn0w 0.9.4 and then jailbreak it with that. Then go into cydia and add blackra1n.com as a repo. Then lastly install blacksn0w and reboot, you'll be able to use most sims now.
  5. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sorry, you just lost me.
    It can't be jailbroken + unlocked for life because....?
    I'm installing blacksn0w on the iPhone itself, during this process does the SIM card need be in the phone?
  6. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No I don't think it has to be. And what he probably meant was the 2g can be jailbroken+unlocked for life
  7. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Okay, whew, thought so.
    Basically, just launch redsn0w 0.9.4, load up the 2G 3.1.2 firmware, select Install Cydia, and Unlock, let it do it's magic, and voila, done?
    Do I need to do anything else? Just wanna make sure..
  8. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    add blackra1n.com as a repo. then download blacksn0w from cydia, that will unlock your phone
  9. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Oh okay, thanks!