iPhone 4 Unlocking the iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brickeberg, Sep 14, 2010.

1. brickeberg

brickeberg New Member

Hello guys,

I didn't know where to ask this so hopefully it's ok that I post in this sub-forum. I'm living in Sweden and got an iPhone sent to me from USA. The firmware version was 4.0.2 so even though I couldn't jailbreak it, I could at least use it like an iPod and everything but today I was stupid enough to try to downgrade the baseband and as I restored the iPhone it now says

"No SIM card istalled. Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPhone."

It doesn't ask for SSN and zip, so it should be enough to get it to work by getting an ATT micro sim card on Ebay right? Something like this one ATT micro sim maybe?

Thanks in advance! I'm really freaking out here

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. raahim

raahim New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i asked the same questioin a week ago and no one replied but my view is there is 50% chance of it working and 50% of it not cuz mb it has to verify the At&t sim :S
  3. flashisflamable

flashisflamable New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try contacting musclenerd on twitter. I'm guessing that if you wait for the 4.1 jailbreak, there will be a way to preserve the unlocked baseband
  4. brickeberg

brickeberg New Member

An update: I just got the ATT Micro SIM card that I ordered from Ebay and it worked! As I suspected it seems that if the iPhone has been activated once, it's activated for ever

I just put the SIM card into the iPhone, plugged the phone to the computer and started iTunes. In there it asked me to choose between using it as a new iPhone or restoring to my latest backup and voilá I can use it as a iPod now.

Unfortunately the baseband is still upgraded so I may have to wait a little bit longer until I can unlock it and use it as an actual phone but at least it is actually usable now

5. raahim

raahim New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    so b4 using the sim u were stuck in the emergancy call screen?
  6. brickeberg

brickeberg New Member

Yeah exactly and it said on the screen that "No SIM card istalled. Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPhone."

So I got one ATT SIM card and now the phone works. Well except I can't use my provider's SIM card, for that I have to jailbreak and unlock.
  7. raahim

raahim New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    o k and 1 more question did u buy the iphone for $200 or $599 ?
  8. brickeberg

brickeberg New Member

I have no idea, got it as a gift. But if I would guess I would say it was for $599, because as far as I know the phone costs $200 with a contract right?