Unlocking iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by rohit107, Jun 29, 2008.

1. rohit107

rohit107 New Member

I want a new iPhone 3G because of the GPS...i've gone through all my other possible phones and i love the iphone out of all of them..i have the original first generation iphone and its unlocked and jailbroken...Now i've heard that the iphones going to be available in India and France and if you guys know the countries then you know that phones in these countries and mostly around the world are unlocked...so do you guys think that the iphone 3G will eventually be unlocked there or like as soon as it comes out? If it will be I bet the price will be really high like it is now on ebay for $600 for a $200 phone....so I'm thinking of selling my iphone now and getting a decent price for it(350) on ebay and then buying the 3G unlocked when it comes out...but I bet it'll be hard to get it unlocked in America for sure since you need a contract with it from ATT....so what do you guys think about it?
  2. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

i dont know how or if you can unlock it, but in order to get the iphone 3g you need to buy it on contract with ATT.

i however, will wait for its release into the Verizon 3g Network (seeing as how that is my mobile carrier). and i suggest you do the same. it shouldn't be too long.

apple only had a 2 year exclusivity contract with ATT and that is about to end in afew more months (okay it will be a while, but be patient).