Unlocking iPhone 3G. Need Help.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OneFan, Jun 21, 2009.

1. OneFan

OneFan Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Alright I have done some searching but I have just been overwhelmed with all of the information and I am now very confused.

Ill tell you some stuff so you can help me out easier.

• Im on 2.2.1 5H11 (iPhone 3G Black 8GB)
    • Im on baseband 02.30.03
    • I have a T-Mobile SIM with me, (NO AT&T SIM CARD)

Can someone help me out on how to downgrade my baseband to 02.28.00.
    Also on how to properly jailbreak and unlock my iPhone 3G to T-Mobile.

Thanks.
  2. Thurinlah

Thurinlah New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I was in the exact same predicament as you are in now and i DID DO some searching and DID find my answer.

But i will tell you anyway. Only very few people are downgrade the baseband and that are people with iphones that have the old bootloader on them which only iphones sold a while ago have.

2.2.1 is unlockable. Your only real option is to wait for ultrasn0w to come out. Redsn0w currently will jailbreak your iphone (to 3.0) and then ultrasn0w will unlock it. they have already unlocked phones with it, they are just perfecting it before they release it.
  3. OneFan

OneFan Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yeah, I'm just excited and want to get it working NOW, bummer, but I know UltraSn0w was supposed to be released Friday. Anyone have any idea when it will be released.
  4. Thurinlah

Thurinlah New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    it seems there is no exact time frame. But we do know some things. They have the hack working, and they are only working on making it more stable at the moment. Once they do that, they will release it.

AND yes, there is a lot of us waiting for this. i bought my iphone 2 weeks ago and have been using it as an ipod for a long time and really cant wait to slide my sim card in it because my backup phone is ridiculous and everyone complains that they cant hear me.
  5. anniex423

anniex423 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Have you checked your bootloader? You can definitely downgrade your baseband to 2.28 and run yellowsn0w if your bootloader is 5.08. You can check it with the downgrade app from Cydia...forgot what it's called.

But ultimately I would wait for ultrasn0w. It's just a hassle rejailbreak when it is released. Yep...
  6. Thurinlah

Thurinlah New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    unlock wont take too long, sounds like a lot of work just to save a few days. and then when the unlock comes out, you will need to do it all again.
  7. OneFan

OneFan Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Thanks everyone.
    I updated to 3.0 and jailbroke ursing redsn0w.
    Im gonna wait for ultrasn0w to unlock my iPhone under T-Mobile.
    Thanks again for the help.