UNLOCKED or LOCKED?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lieveschat, Jun 16, 2010.

1. lieveschat

lieveschat New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    hi... not sure what to ask as my confussion growing by the day with all these unlocked stuff on the internet..
    in my country, Indonesia, I can get an iphone from Apple official distributor called iBOX and freely use any provider with it. Also, official network provider called "TELKOMSEL".

If i see an apple icon with usb cable show up on my iphone screen, does it mean LOCKED? what can caused such error?

I got my iphone 3GS from iBOX with os313 firmware 5.12. i didnt upgrade it, thats how i got it. So, i just jailbroke it a week ago and i still can use my sim card by using TELKOMSEL network provider. is this mean that my iphone stays UNLOCKED or NOT?
    if NOT, do u have any suggestion on what to get in order to prevent it from being locked?

ok, i really hope someone can help me to get this clear.

thank you guys!

Please Register or Log in to view images

and truly sorry if this thread somehow would be illegal, I hope to post it based on this forum terms.

thanks!
  2. metalhead777

metalhead777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You've got loads to learn. Unlocks mean you can have, let's put for example you're on AT&T and you're on T-Mobile. You can have an iPhone, but want to use it with T-Mobile. So you unlock your iPhone and you're allowed to use it with T-Mobile. iTunes + usb cable on your screen means you need to activate it by plugging it into your computer via usb cable and open iTunes to let it run.
  3. lieveschat

lieveschat New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    tell me about it lol! totally new bie. lol.
    i can do with my eyes blind folded with nokia and blackberry hehe. but not this.

OK, i got it @ AT&T Tmobile.

the apple and usb icon, i asked that refer to the time when I had my jailbroken iphone before i got the current one. it was like that, the apple and the usb cable icon. i connected it to itunes, but nothin happened, instead, itunes rejected my iphone saying taht i need an active device to connect. smh.

So, i asked u this to prevent it from happening again to my current iphone.

one thing i did notice that when my JB iphone shutted off due to battery drained, THAT happened!. i could not start my iphone. i only saw the apple and the usb cable icon. so, i was confused whether it was locked or what.. i just dont want that thing happen again.

FYI, my previous jailbroken iphone was not the official from apple store. it was already locked version.

pls pls more helps!

xox
  4. metalhead777

metalhead777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ah, that means you are on a tethered jailbreak last I checked. You'll have to reboot your iPhone by bringing up your jailbreaking tool and rejailbreaking your iPhone, don't worry. All your stuff will be there, it's just booting your iPhone up. Didn't you say you jailbroke with Spirit? It shouldn't do that.
  5. Theipodman

Theipodman New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Off topic: if you're from Indonesia why do you have a dutch
    user name???!!!

On topic: just go to apple.com and download the latest iTunes, connect your iPhone yo your computer with the white cable and that's it !
    Theipodman. ( from holland)

6. lieveschat

lieveschat New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    hey u're not allowed to say off topic. lol. im not gonna answer that. dont wanna be banned lol
  7. metalhead777

metalhead777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Focus on topic.
  8. lieveschat

lieveschat New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ah, ok, so i WAS on a tethered jailbreak. I didnt jailbreak it, my store did it for me.
    anyway, I threw that iphone onto the wall, so, lol.

NOW, i got my current one from apple store which i just mentioned on first post. my current iphone, i jailbroke it using spirit, untethered version (right?!), recommended by some friend in UK as he managed to did it and all worked fine he said, and yes, all worked fine. im just wondering if that stupid icons would ever happen to my current iphone, thats all.

thanks again for your infos, helped alot!!!

xoxo
  9. metalhead777

metalhead777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You just cleared everything up.

Untethered can be booted back up if turned off.
    Let's say battery go boom, you can turn it back on without rejailbreaking.
    So yeah.
  10. lieveschat

lieveschat New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yay!!!! now i got it, i really got it!! thanks so much ! man, i love u for that! TY & TC!