Unlocked iphone and itunes, help pls.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gentle, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Gentle

Gentle New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hi. Great forum. I’m new to unlocking, jailbreak, cydia and iphones and have already found a load of useful tips. I just need a bit of advice regarding using unlocked phone with itunes. I have a..

3Gs 16g iphone.
    Firmware version 3.0 (7A341)
    Modem Version 04.26.08
    Jailbreak/cydia
    Orange contract

I have read a lot of different things about itunes and unlocked phones. I know that I can’t use itunes (store) to buy music etc but can I use itunes just to put (snyc) music on my iphone, as I would my ipod, from my library or by importing cd’s?? Some say that it’s ok if pc not connected to internet, others that i need to disable “auto updates”. I am keen to know the facts before risking ruining my iphone. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanx

Paul
  2. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ughm. you dont need internet to sync music and video to your iPhone.

And you can sync alternatively obtained music by putting it all in a folder, and adding it to your iTunes library by clicking File > Add folder to Library.

Once its in your library, just select all or some of the songs, and literally drag them onto your iPod.
  3. Gentle

Gentle New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hi, I know i dont need internet conection but the iphone i have was bought from someone on ebay and the ipod section is sync'ed to his itunes. I dont seem to be able to sync my library to the phone. Do i need to restore the phone, rejailbreak etc and reg it to me 1st??

Thanx
  4. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    iTunes should of asked if you wanted to erase the iPhone library and sync to your iTunes library
  5. Gentle

Gentle New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Nope, nothing like that. Itunes says "syncing" but after about 10 secs. that stops and nothing has copied to phone.
  6. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    have you made sure the tabs for music wtc are set to sync and that the iPhone is not set to manual sync?
  7. Gentle

Gentle New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    they were all set as they should be but, wonders of wonders, i conected to my lap top to charge and up pops itunes, empty library an all. asks if i want to name phone, which i did. it copied all the apps on phone to itunes and now lets me sync my own library

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanx very much for the help.
  8. freeman1993

freeman1993 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    the best thing is just to restore .. takes just 20min of ur time
  9. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Go into iTunes and click on your iPhone icon on the left side. Under music, check sync only folders I check. This will then give you the option to delete everything on your iPhone and sync with the folders you check. Being your library.