iPhone 3G Unlocked iphone 3g on ATT Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lrg32shots, Jul 31, 2009.

1. lrg32shots

lrg32shots Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this. I am currently an ATT customer and recently purchased an iphone 3g off craigslist. I unlocked/jailbroke it already and everything looks to be working fine.

I have an unlimited media net data plan with unlimited text that I pay $30 a month for. I like switching between multiple phones, so i'd like to keep my data plan and not switch to an iphone plan and lose my unlimited text.

Now my question is, will I be able to use my iphone 3g unlocked on my plan, and get 3g speeds w/ ATT without getting any overage charges? I currently have an unlocked HTC Fuze that ive been using and getting 3g speed on my plan, and havent gotten any abnormal charges yet. I have also used an unlocked iphone 1st gen on my data plan, and didnt run into any issues.

So in theory, I should be able to use the 3g iphone as well, but i just want to see if anyone has done this before and can give me a little insight before I switch my sim card over to my 3g iphone.

anyone advice or comments are really appreciate. Thanks