iPhone 3GS UNLOCK your 3GS 3.1.2...REALLY?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blackheart, Oct 30, 2009.

1. blackheart

blackheart New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    While waiting for a refund from the lowlives at [LINK REMOVED AT TESLANAUT's DEMAND], I came across something epic. Full of sh*t, but epic. They claim to have a solution to unlocking 3.1.2 on the 3GS and 3G. If somebody wants to try their sh*t, I will post up some pictures of the instructions(because the webpage is protected and I can't copy the text) and the IPSW that is supposed to be unlocked. I am not going to try it because I don't trust them, but if somebody can analyze the file and wants to...give it a go. I will post it as soon as it has finished downloading. I don't know where to post it as it is about 250MB large. Oh, nevermind...here:

I had to REMOVE the link. I only put it up so that someone more experienced could dl it and analyze it.

Attached Files:

2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

No, it is all B.S.

They are not even claiming that their IPSW will unlock the 3GS; all that does is JB it and then you have to run Ultrasn0w to do the unlock.

The only way Ultrasn0w works on 3.1.2 is to preserve the baseband (which is only possible with Pwnage Tool).

Basically, that site is all bullsh*t and they are stealing and trying to sell the Dev-Team's work.
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Remove the link.
  4. blackheart

blackheart New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, I kinda knew this was all bullsh*t, but I thought that it wouldn't harm to get someone else's opinion on the matter. Anyway.

Seems like Geohot is going to release blacksn0w, so...YEEEEEAAAH, BABY!
  5. Number8

Number8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    No need for another person's opinion, it's clearly bs. Geohot is the only person (at the moment and that is known of) to have an unlock for 3.1.x firmware, so anything released before 11/4/09 or ON 11/4/09 that ISN'T BlackSn0w, I suggest you not bother with it.