Unlock Iphone for T-Mobile with APN Editing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by schoei1, Jul 14, 2009.

1. schoei1

schoei1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If anyone who is having troubles unlocking their Iphone with a T-Mobile sim card, here is a great tip.

After going through the full process of updating the firmware, jailbreaking and unlocking, I was able to make phone calles but unable to get online. I figured out that the only thing that was missing, was the apn settings needed to be configured.

Here are the simple steps:

1) Using wifi, go into safari and search google for "help.benm.at/usa.php"
    2) Click on the website and go down to Mobile Configs
    3) Click onto T-Mobile
    4) Click onto Install

Bare in mind that you must already have a data service with T-Moble and you should now be able to go online without having to use wifi.

Hope this helps
  2. iPhone_Anyone?

iPhone_Anyone? New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    what data plan exactly are u using??? which is the cheapest one that fully works??like all features like gps and email and safari.
  3. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    does the $30 unlimited text and internet work? i called t-mobile and they said its $30 for text and internet and i want to use it on an iphone 3G later on when i get it.
  4. iPhone_Anyone?

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    where did u get 30 dollars??? i found a 20 dollar unlimited domestic text(all types of messages)and unlimited data. what name is it under on there website??of and if u already pay for unlimited text(like me)then you only have to but the unlimited data not the full package(also like me)
  5. 42395_skyline

Device:
    iPhone 6

well the lady on the phone said that. can you send me a link to where it says $20 so i can tell them? currently i have $5 400 text a month. im getting unlimited data and text when i get my behold (sometime between now and the 28th) then im going to buy the iphone 3G next month or in 2 months.
  6. fbmbikes

fbmbikes New Member

30$ is the plan with higher speed for t-mobile's 3g, i have the iphone 3g and i have this plan and it works great, and its way faster the normal edge.
  7. 42395_skyline

Device:
    iPhone 6
    i read that T-mobiles 3G doesnt work on the iPhone 3G because it uses a different signal? how did you get it to work?
  8. iPhone_Anyone?

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    sky...one my sister has the behold and its a good fone but i think u should save the money from buyiing the behold and use it for buying the iphone. unless ur rich or something. use the extra money to buy cool acceseries for the iphone. oh its called the other phones data paln with unlimted txt. but after what the bikes dude said, i dont recomend it anymore. i am a person who perfers 3G. so ill keep reseacrhing.

supra owner dude..lol...3 things, what is the plan called on there website and what is it under. also do i need to get the new 3G sm card from t-mobile. i still have the one with the black text. but ive seen the 3g ones with orange txt on it(my sis has it for her 3g behold. so in easy words, i think i am going to need the new sim card for the faster speeds on the more expensive plan.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    yes u are completely correct! t-mobiles 3gsm bands are different then the iphones 3gsm bands. so it wont show up as 3g on the iphone, it will have the E symbol but u will be using the t-mobiles 3g speeds which are preety impresive. also read my long previous post to figure out about the sim cards.
  9. 42395_skyline

Device:
    iPhone 6
    im not rich. haha well people think i am. but im paying for the 3G and my mom is paying for the behold. and so your saying i should get the $30 3G plan? my mom doesnt mind if its $10 more. speed is good

Please Register or Log in to view images

i have a 2 year old SIM card so i guess i need a new one for my behold? will it be free or do i need to pay for the SIM?
    ------------------double post merged------------------

oh so 3G works, just shows as edge? thats okay. ill make the edge icon 3G like i changed my wifi icon to 3G

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks for the info!
  10. iPhone_Anyone?

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    yes im preety sure. sim cards do cost money and t-mboile wants money to transfer you account to another card. im double checking right now so i will give u more up to date info in a moment.