iPhone 3GS Unlock iphone 3gs 3.1.3 baseband 05.12.01 w/o wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ibrahim52, Jun 26, 2010.

1. ibrahim52

ibrahim52 New Member

Hi, i am from UAE.Now the issue is, my friends brother from U.S has sent him an iphone and he is in INDIA, its of *rogers* and its confirm that its *locked*. He can't use any other SIM.Another problem i am having currently is that he don't have WIFI to unlock through cydia or any other installers.He just have a pc with good internet speed and he can download and do the jailbreak if somebody can help him here with that.I have mentioned the current specs of his iphone below.Please if the *gurus* here can help us out

Please Register or Log in to view images

we'll be really thankful

Baseband is 05.12.01
    Model : model MB717ll (3gs i guess,not sure)
    version 3.1.3(7e18)

(sorry for my bad grammar)
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Search for Cyder on the forums here... it's a 'Cydia installer' for use through windows and without WiFi as long as he has an internet connection on hşs computer... he can jailbreak using Spirit and download the latest version of ultrasn0w to unlock...

A caution though. Don't mess it up. Apple have stopped signing the 3.1.3 firmware so if he is forced to restore he will go to iOS4 and there's no jailbreak for this firmware as yet (more details here). Also Apple are reportedly lining up a new OS update 4.0.1 which it's rumoured may include a new basband to kill the ultrasn0w unlock... Best course of action is to jailbreak and unlock 3.1.3 and as soon as a jailbreak for the new baseband 3GS is out go to it and get the sigantures for signing backed up in Cydia or locally using The Firmware Umbrella... and hope that Apple don't get there first and release a new iOS with a new baseband and stop signing the current iOS4...
  3. ibrahim52

ibrahim52 New Member

With all due respect,i checked the link you posted for unlocking through cydia but still its only Wifi method and i dont have internet access on my iphone to downloaded that repo

.One more thing i wanted to mention that it is already jailbroken but it does not have cydia installer

is there anyway i can manually install the cydia.I googled and found the link mentioned below,if you think its correct method to install the cydia without jailbreaking again ?

Link :
    http://www.hackthatphone.com/1x/iphone_cydia.html

Goodness,he does not have that *installer* also.Any other methods